Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Pumpkin Patch




Well, disingenuous as per usual, it's actually not my pumpkin patch, but rather that of Daddy's partner Jim in Caroline County. We took the cousins and arrived just as the hayride was taking off. It was not my first, although I must say I was not terrified of it as I was this time last year. It was Baby Whit's first time, but he handled it pretty well, just sat in Daddy's lap for most of it. They had a deal going on for $20 for 50 lbs of pumpkin. Seemed too good to pass up, so I just kept going back to the field for more. Apparently 3 pumpkins and 2 gourds can add up to 50 lbs pretty quick. Needless to say, we came home with quite a haul, so did EmmyChar. We're letting them season on our front porch for the time being, but M&D say that soon we will carve them and roast the seeds. Exciting times. I'll be sure to post a picture of that. Also, I have pictures of last weekend with the cousins, but I'll have to post them later, Google is telling me that image uploads are currently disabled for maintenance. What do you get for free these days?

No comments: