Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Family Gathering



My Great Aunt Martha came into town from Baton Rouge last weekend. M&D cooked a turkey and put together a whole Sunday evening spread for all of the family on Mommy's side to come over for. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get a picture of me with Aunt Martha, but I am writing about her to make up for it. She's the grandmother of Elise, Lila and Bennett, my second cousins once removed (or something) in Mandeville Louisiana. You can learn all about them from their own blog linked on my front page Parnell Family. I did manage to snap a few good shots, Mommy, holding my new cousin Judson, and James and me snuggling in my chair. We had a great time and ate every ounce of the turkey. I'm glad that Aunt Martha came to visit, I wish we got to catch up more often. M&D have promised to take me to New Orleans for the Stella Shouting Contest at some point, maybe I can see her on her home turf there.

No comments: