Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Daddy's Relay and my Ayla Rhoadsie


I'm pretty sure that I have mentioned my Daddy's relay that he does every year, but if not let me recap. Every year Daddy engages in a crazy 211 mile running relay that begins in southwest Virginia, and finishes in Asheville, NC. Per the website, it gains and loses a total of more than 36000 feet of elevation in the interim. If you hadn't guessed it yet, I think that my Daddy is crazy. On the plus side of crazy however is that Asheville resides an equidistant 6 hours driving time from Richmond and Cincinnati. Thus ensuring that our friends the Rhoadses will come see us. We had a ball in the mountains with my friend Ayla. I hear that M&D had a pretty good time with her parents Dan and Marni after Baby Whit and I went to bed. We're already making plans for a reprise on Memorial Day weekend, looking forward to it.

No comments: