Monday, November 17, 2008

My Fifteen Minutes


This isn't the best copy, but the Richmond Times Dispatch apparently is not in the habit of giving away their pictures to anyone who asks. Even when it's me in the picture and I'm doing the asking. Anyway, Saturday morning, M&D took me for a run, but this one was different. We ran out of Church Hill, through downtown, through Jackson's Ward, through Carver until we were almost to Virginia Union University at Lombardy and Leigh. The reason we did all this was to catch a glimpse of Uncle Andy and Aunt Brooke who were running. We waited and cheered for about fifteen minutes, and then we saw them. On the spur of the moment I decided that I wanted to run with them and communicated this to Daddy and off we went. Daddy and Uncle Andy pushed it out for the last two miles and put four minutes of time between Mommy and Aunt Brooke. Anyway, after the race a man asked Daddy if he could use the picture, and Daddy explained that he hadn't run the race, but the man used it anyway and there I was in the paper Sunday morning. Daddy says he probably can't do this again with me because he wasn't supposed to have a stroller and that Sportsbackers is mad at him. So I got my 15 minutes of fame early and it was fun while it lasted, why can't Paris Hilton's be over yet?

2 comments:

Swestie said...

John, I'd love for you to bring me a paper copy for me to laminate and post on the bulletin board. I can't find the photo on line. Thanks!

Brooke said...

John why is sportsbackers mad at you? did they call you or something? thanks again so much for running with us!! for the record, you and Andy only finished 2 minutes before Logan and me
(2:04:09 vs 2:06:22)hehe