Friday, March 12, 2010

My Crash Diet Revisited

Some of you may remember that I lost a little too much weight in the first week of my life and my parents had to spend an anxious weekend trying to teach me to nurse and having to go in for daily weight checks. History does seem to repeat itself and my baby brother Whit seems to have broken through. He realized early on that we really shouldn't try to emulate the waifish, rail-thin models that grace all of the media in our lives. Whit was born at 6'8, and as of yesterday's weigh in was right around 6 lbs for a total weight loss of 7.7%. 10% loss is the danger zone. This morning he went in for his weigh in, and was up to 6 lbs 3 oz, a gain of nearly 70 grams for you metric system users. Solidly out of the red zone, Whit was given dispensation of a two week reprieve before he has to go back and get checked out again. I'm glad, I was worried about him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another adorable vetrovec baby :) Love the name....You guys do good work....can't wait to meet him!