Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Protective Daddy


My daddy must think I can already walk or crawl away from him. In this picture that mommy snapped, he looks like he's trying to squeeze me into a little Stella pancake. It's like he's trying to make me smaller than I already am. I'm so small that I make my little daddy look like he might actually be big. I'm learning early, context is everything.

Daddy says he's protecting me from clowns. There are no clowns in my room, or anywhere in the house. Mommy says daddy's afraid of clowns. It makes me wonder about his favorite joke: Why don't cannibals eat clowns? Because they taste funny.
Daddy doesn't think clowns are funny at all.

1 comment:

Paula R said...

That is one lucky baby that will never lack for love! Her daddy will always be her "big protector" and her Mommy will always be her "loving little Momma". The blog is wonderful, thank you for sharing Stella with everyone. We look forward to more posts!